LEGISLATION AND REGULATION
The list below provides a summary of known legislation and regulations that can currently be consulted in South Africa where Measurement and Verification (M&V) is a requirement for implementation, or which provides a platform for the development of the M&V industry.
- National Energy Act, 2008 of the Department of Energy.
- White Paper on Energy Policy of South Africa, 1998 of the Department of Minerals and Energy.
- Energy Efficiency Strategy of South Africa, 2005 of the Department of Minerals and Energy.
- White Paper on Renewable Energy for South Africa, 2003 of the Department of Energy.
- Long Term Mitigation Scenarios (LTMS), Strategic Options for South Africa, 2007 of Department Environment Affairs and Tourism South Africa.
- EEDSM: Policy on Energy Efficiency Demand-Side Management in South Africa, Department of Energy.
- SANAS Accreditation and technical requirements for inspection bodies (TR81-01).
- IPAP2: Industrial Policy Action Plan (IPAP2) of 2010/11-2012/13, Department of Trade and Industry.